Wednesday 15 August 2018

" I believe I'm in the best position to be the next Governor because I know where we started,where we are now and where we are going, atleast governance is not like private sector"- Oyo State Commissioner for Land, Housing and Survey, Isaac Ajiboye Omodewu.

  Life is all about being truthful to a purpose and nature favours anyone according to his/her choice yet any-man that avoids pretext, deceit but decides being truthful, just, upright and decisive to do his best in service to his people and mankind is always the one that God and man feel proud to be associated with, while his type always finds much mercy of God and favour of man, to serve mankind the more, in whatever position he may find himself.
 And this preamble is exactly descriptive of the worth and quality of the Oyo State Honourable Commissioner of Land, Housing and Survey in person of Sir Isaac Ajiboye Omodewu, whose much suitability and effectiveness had earned him more years and experience as the most long serving commissioner in the ministry he had proven well of his knowledge, experience and expertise under the Oyo State Amiable  and pragmatically productive cum record breaking "Koseleri" Governor of our time Senator Isiaq Abiola Ajimobi.
 And recently we had the opportunity to have a chat with the Commissioner of Land, Housing and Survey in his office and here underneath we un-winded as reported.

Sir, can we know you better?
My name is Isaac Ajiboye Omodewu, the current Commissioner for Land, Housing and Survey in Oyo State.
Sir, where were you born and your place of origin in Oyo State?
I was born in Otu, Itesiwaju Local Government in Oyo State.
Sir, people believe Oke Ogun should be the next place to present and produce the next Oyo State Governor, what is your take on this ?
 Well, I'm from Oke-Ogun as a people believe in equality that every part should be one and that everyone has the right to be the Governor of Oyo State and that is why my people over there believe that this time around come 2019 Oke-Ogun should be the area to produce the next Governor.
Sir, as a tested and trusted person, which area do you think your people are lacking that when you become the next Governor of Oyo State you will make sure you do the needful to alleviate their suffering?
Well, I'm not coming only because of my people in the state but because of the state generally, I see myself as a citizen of Oyo State and not a citizen of Oke-Ogun so I have decided to come out to be the next governor coming to serve the whole state and not a particular area and I believe my having the opportunity of being a member of the Governor Abiola Ajimobi's cabinet so I believe I'm in the best position to be the next Governor because I know where we started, I know where we are now and I know where we are going, mainly to build  on what Governor Abiola Ajimobi has achieved because I could see myself as an "established" candidate and that means definitely I want to improve on what he has done.
Sir, what about your machinery and how far are you prepared?
You see, when you say my machinery everybody in the state are part of my machinery, because they believe very much in me , I have  worked with so many ministries, I have mixed with a lot of people both in my party and other parties, and my integrity and previous attitude, good relationship with other parties' members can give me that opportunity to be the next governor.
Sir, what make you believe you are the right person to wear the shoe about being dropped by Governor Abiola Ajimobi?
You see anybody who wants to work with Governor Abiola Ajimobi must be the one that understands him very well, someone that must have worked closely with him, he knows what he wanted, how he want it, where he is going and one must be loyal to him and I believe I could set up all the requirement.
Sir, what is your rate of Governor Ajimobi's performance?
You see you are in the best position to do that now because you can look at what we have before and what we have now, if you want to talk of security, health, infrastructure etc you must have seen the vast difference , as being obviously evident, so there was no other governor since 1999 that has performed excellently well like Governor Abiola Ajimobi. and know one thing if you want to rule a state like Oyo State you must be bold, courageous and determined, all these Governor Abiola Ajimobi has proven excellently well, and he had used it perfectly to the advantage and development of Oyo State .
What is your philosophy of life?
Een, to me I believe in live and let live and I believe that we only come this life once so whatever one can do to help humanity one should do it now.
What is your message to the populace?
My message is that they should cooperate with the present government and at the same time they should support me for my ambition because I don't believe in myself alone but believe very much in my people, that by the special grace of God we shall get to where we are going.

                                    PART-TWO OF THIS INTERVIEW COMING SOON!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment